Founded in 1891, the Southwestern Ice Association was formed for the following purposes:
- To promote the interests of the ice business.
- To advocate the exchange of ideas and information among its members regarding all questions of mutual interests.
- To cooperate with other organizations whose members are engaged in similar or related lines of business.
- To promote and provide information and educational resources that will contribute to business development and economic progress within the ice industry.
- To fairly represent the interest of the ice industry to governmental agencies as it becomes necessary.
- Agency Liaison
- Through SWIA headquarters in Austin, the association has established good working relations with the agencies that regulate you. Our input is often sought before agency rules are adopted.
- SWIA members receive a subscription to Ice World Journal, published by the International Packaged Ice Association.
- Expert Team
- As a special incentive for new members, SWIA will send a team of industry experts at no charge to your facility to offer ideas and suggestions on ways to make your business more profitable.
- Supplier Expo
- Get the latest new product and equipment information from industry suppliers at this expo held during the annual convention.
- Improve and update your technical and business knowledge by attending the annual convention with legislative updates, speakers on running an efficient business and other issues, and the opportunity to socialize and network with peers and industry leaders.
- By joining SWIA, you can build a network of friends in the business, exchanging ideas and industry experiences.
Associate – $350| Join Now
- Any person, firm, or corporation engaged in supplying services, equipment, or supplies used in the production or distribution of ice.
- Membership includes banner ad on website.
Active – $275 | Join Now
- Any person, firm or corporation engaged in the production or distribution of ice in any area of the Southwestern U.S. (generally defined, but not limited to Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas.
- Dues are $275.00 for the first location, and $150.00 for each additional (Satellite) location.
Satellite – $150 | Join Now
- Any person, firm, or corporation engaged in the production or distribution of ice in any area of the Southwestern United States that is a Satellite location of an Active Member.
All of these member services are invaluable. The tips I get from SWIA save time and money!
Laron Hilke ─ Hilke’s Ice Company
There’s no doubt in my mind that SWIA has helped my business develop.
Clyde Tew ─ Ice House Distributing Co., LLC