- The applicant must be a high school senior or enrolled in a college or technical school as a full time student. This scholarship can be used for tuition and/or book reimbursement.
- The applicant must be an employee or direct relative of an employee for any SWIA member or supplier in good standing with the SWIA. The SWIA sponsor member must be current with dues and have maintained membership for at least one year.
- The applicant must provide their official high school, college or technical school transcripts, including their cumulative GPA.
- The applicant must complete the SWIA application, including essay and letter of recommendation.
- Only one scholarship per person.
- Applications will be sent to all board members via e-mail and all completed applications must be postmarked no later than November 30th.
Notification and Usage of Scholarship
SWIA will award a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2 individual scholarships to applicants that meet the requirements in the amount of $500. The recipient(s) will be announced at the SWIA Annual Conference. The number of scholarships will be decided at the spring board meeting.
- The scholarship recipients(s) will have 2 years from the date awarded to use the scholarship money or it will be forfeited.
- All scholarships are non-transferable.
- Scholarship recipients will receive scholarship money after the first semester grading period, and must maintain a minimum requirement of a 2.0 GPA.
- If the applicant would like to accept their award in person, SWIA will buy their dinner at the Friday evening dinner/silent auction.